Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Yellow Line


I'm standing at the edge of a train station leaning forward to see what train is coming down the track. Got the visual? Now let me ask you this question. Have you ever gotten into it with your family, friends or husband/boyfriend or wife/girlfriend in such a way that you can't make it stop? You begin to feel like a dolphin caught in a fishing net and the more you struggle the worse it gets.

So what does all this have to do with a train? Well I look st the train tracks as my life and the on coming train as more crap coming straight at me because of course I'm leaning over and into its path. That is until a small voice inside said "Step behind the yellow line."

I was in a situation where nothing I was doing was working out. My thoughts were always going to the worst scenario and when that happens whatever the "thing" you're in doesn't go away. It can't. The "thing" takes on a life of its own. It doesn't matter that you were not the cause of it or even that you were right.

I realized that I wanted to make things right again. By "right" I mean in balance or in harmony and what I was doing was just not working. So I made a decision to get out of the way. I decided to step aside and let the universe do its thing without my help. Whenever I got it in my mind to "help" things along I would just breath and not act on the emotion. I gave it a month.

The month isn't over yet but I'm not caught in the net anymore. I've had a few times where I've had to "breath" but it is better than hyperventillating and filling my lungs with bad emotions that lead to bad actions. In the mean time, at least I'm not getting hit by any oncoming trains!

No comments:

Post a Comment